How It Works
This program is open to those who have completed a 200-hour yoga teacher training program.
MENTORSHIP PROGRAM INCLUDES:
- Choosing a Nourishing Heart Yoga teacher or teachers (from the list below) to work with one-on-one through the consecutive and agreed upon 12 week period. The teacher has to be open to it at the time; we will let you know within 3 weeks of your mentorship application if your teacher or one of your teachers is available.
- Unlimited classes at Nourishing Heart Yoga for the 12 week duration. Mentees are expected to take at least two classes per week with either their mentor or teachers approved by their mentor. Mentees have to sit and observe at least two Community Yoga classes per month.
- Teach 2 one hour Community Yoga Classes within the 12 week period, and receive feedback from the mentee group about your teaching.
- Mentees are expected to commit to assist your chosen teacher in one of his or her classes on a weekly basis with a 10-minute minimum Q&A after class.
- Gradual development over time to possibly begin to teach agreed upon portions of your teacher’s class (dependent on chosen teacher).
- A one-hour private session with your mentor once for the 12 week session, at the beginning of the session to determine your particular interests and focus for the mentorship.
- Attend one hour bi-monthly group meetings with all mentees to give and receive feedback regarding the Community Yoga classes. 6 meetings in total for the 12 week period.
- Three hours per month of homework with your chosen teacher to go over agreed upon customized h assignments such as:
- Marketing, building community with students, social media, auditions and finding work
- Yoga Sutras: Understanding, chanting and transmitting their wisdom in classroom situations
- Yoga for everyone: Pre and postnatal, chair and seniors, gentle, and therapeutic yoga
- The development of your own home and studio practice
- Learn a chosen Sanskrit chant
- Review one part of your anatomy training and create a flow that you teach with that in mind.
SPACE IN THIS PROGRAM IS VERY LIMITED AND IN HIGH DEMAND.
To apply for the Mentoring Program, click here to email our team. The application process will include a short video demonstrating your teaching skills. If you are a graduate of the Nourishing Heart Yoga 200-hour Teacher Training program, the video application is waived.