How It Works
This program is open to those who have completed a 200-hour yoga teacher training program with Nourishing Heart Yoga or with another training school.
Students must be actively taking at least one of Matece’s weekly classes for 2 months prior to the beginning of the mentorship. This allows Matece to assist you in your own practice, gives you the opportunity to experience various hands on assists, and assures Matece that you are rooted in your own personal yoga practice before undertaking the mentorship.
MENTORSHIP PROGRAM INCLUDES:
- Working with Matece Skow and an assigned accountability partner one-on-one through the consecutive and agreed upon 6 week period.
- Personal Yoga Practice: mentees are expected to continue their commitment to taking one class per week at Nourishing Heart Yoga Studio.
- Mentees will observe up to two Community Yoga classes per month, making notes and providing written feedback to the teacher and/or the mentor.
- Teach 2 one hour Community Yoga Classes within the 6 week period, and receive feedback from the mentee group about your teaching.
- Mentees are expected to commit to assist Matece Skow in one of her classes within the 6 week period, with a 10-minute minimum Q&A before or after class.
- Two one-hour private sessions with Matece; one at the beginning of the session to determine your particular interests and focus for the mentorship and one at the end to review and discuss what was learned and evaluate homework assignments as well as teaching feedback.
- Attend one hour group meetings once per month with all mentees to give and receive feedback regarding the Community Yoga classes. 2 meetings in total for the 6 week period.
- Three hours per month of homework with your chosen teacher to go over agreed-upon customized assignments such as:
- Marketing, building community with students, social media, auditions and finding work
- Yoga Sutras: Understanding, chanting and transmitting their wisdom in classroom situations
- Yoga for everyone: Pre and postnatal, chair and seniors, gentle, and therapeutic yoga
- The development of your own home and studio practice with Sadhana Tracker
- Learn a chosen Sanskrit chant
- Review one part of your anatomy training and create a flow that you teach with that in mind.
- Possibilities are limitless
Dates & Enrollment
DATES FOR 2023
Sunday, June 11
Sunday, June 18
Sunday, June 25
Sunday, July 2
Sunday, July 9
Sunday, July 23
We will meet at Nourishing Heart Yoga Studio from 6:00 pm – 8:30 pm.
SPACE IN THIS PROGRAM IS VERY LIMITED. WE ONLY HAVE TWO AVAILABLE SPOTS FOR 2023.
This program is included in the cost of the 300 Hour Advanced Yoga Teacher Training and all students enrolled in that program are automatically enrolled in the Mentorship Program.
$415 with a $40 discount for early bird registration by Friday, May 12, 2023. Early Bird Cost: $375
To apply for the Mentoring Program, click here to email our team. The application process will include a short video demonstrating your teaching skills. If you are a graduate of the Nourishing Heart Yoga 200-hour Teacher Training program, the video application is waived.